Don’t miss out on the opportunity to enjoy these fun summer activities in Kansas City! This list is just a small sample of what we think you and your family will love!
Play at the Park!
We all need to get outside and get moving. There are tons of fun parks in Kansas City for your kids to play. And the best part? …they’re free! Here are a few of our favorites! For a list of other great parks to visit check this link: Kansas City Park Guide.
- Location – 4124 NE Vivion Rd, Kansas City, MO 64119
- This park is divided into age appropriate play areas but they also have a picnic area that allows you to see both areas of play at once! There is an array of gigantic animals including a penguin, giraffe, kangaroo, and even an elephant. Not only are there play areas but there are also great walking/biking trails with a pond for fishing and watching geese.
- Location – 7900 Renner Road, Shawnee, KS 66219
- This park is great for some fun in the sun but it is also a great spot for family photos! There’s no shortage of things to do at this park! From 3 playgrounds to an off-leash area for your pets, an observation tower, and TONS of space to run. This 1600 acre park includes 120 acre lake with fishing, boating, swimming, sailboarding, picnic areas, Theater in the park, archery and disc golf. You can even rent paddle boats, canoes and fishing boats!
- Location – 13610 Byars Rd, Grandview, MO 64030
- Meadowmere Park is the central hub for the Grandview Parks & Recreation Department. They have long walking trails that connect to a whimsical playground and shaded benches with access to The View Community Center, Skate Park, Community Garden and Grandview Amphitheatre. The playground inside of Meadowmere is called Brumble’s Forest. Their playground is unlike anything else in the area! With the theme of the outdoors, huge animal statues, swings and plenty of things to climb on, this playground is worth the trip!
Trip to a U-Pick Farm
Find a U-pick farm near you for some fun in the sun activities and enjoy a snack while you do it! Check out our top U-pick farms below or see a full list by county of U-pick farms here.
- Hours: May-October, Open Daily 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Fruit: Strawberries, Cherries, Peaches, Blackberries
- Location: 18545 Co Rd H, Weston, MO 64098
- Admission: $3 per person ages 2+ (parking, access to cider barn, access to all play zones, bags for picking fruit, access to U-Pick area included in admission price)
- Price: Picked produce is weighed and priced per pound
- “Historic Weston Orchard and Vineyard is the region’s must visit destination for apple picking, outdoor play, and wine tasting. Whether you’re entertaining a car full of kids, planning a birthday party, or touring wineries, 50 acres of farm fun will keep you entertained for hours.”
- Hours: Hours may vary. Make sure to check the “Berry Report” before your visit.
- Fruit: Blackberries, Black Raspberries, Red Raspberries
- Location: 27610 E Wyatt Rd, Blue Springs, MO 64014
- Admission: $2 per Adult (over 12), $1 Children (3-12), Kids under 3 Free
- Price: Raspberries (Black and Red) sold by pint, Blackberries sold by quart.
- “We’re more than your community greenhouse and local nursery in Blue Springs– we’re a blooming combination of garden center and agritourism destination. We’re growers, planters, animal enthusiasts and creators. At our core, we believe soil is life.”
Check out Kansas City’s Science City located downtown in Historic Union Station. Science City has fun activities for children (and adults) of all ages! Your little scientist can dig for dinosaur bones, ride a bike 30 ft in the air, and explore over 50 hands-on environments.
- Location: 30 W Perching Rd, Kansas City, MO 64108
- Hours: Tuesday – Saturday, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Price: General Admission $14.50, Children 12 months and under free
Worlds of Fun is the largest theme park in the Midwest and they don’t disappoint! They have everything from rides, to food, to events, and even Oceans of Fun waterpark. Worlds of fun has it all. Your admission ticket includes both parks for a great price. Check out this link to view maps, hours, and additional goods!
- Location: 4545 Worlds of Fun Ave, Kansas City, MO 64161
- Hours: Summer Hours
- Worlds of Fun: Monday – Sunday, 11:00 am to 8:00/9:00 pm. Closing time varies from week to week.
- Oceans of Fun: Monday – Sunday, 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- Price: Prices vary based on type. The purchase of a parking pass can be added as well as additional products. Click here to purchase your tickets.